This Cookies Policy is an informational document. It does not need to be accepted, it is up to you to read it.
This policy is applicable by the sole fact of its publication on this website. The latest online version prevails over all others. It may be modified or amended at any time in the event of legal developments, case law, decisions and recommendations of the CNIL or uses.
If you have any questions regarding this Cookies Policy, please do not hesitate to contact us: St Barth Karma / Data Protection Officer, 168/170 rue saint denis, 75002, Paris, France, or at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also consult our personal data protection policy by requesting it from our DPO at the e-mail address email@example.com. For more general information on the protection of personal data, you may consult the CNIL website www.stbarthkarma.com
2. WHAT IS A COOKIE AND WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
From a legal standpoint, we do not speak of "cookies" but of "connection cookies" or "any action tending to access, by means of electronic transmission, information already stored in its electronic communications terminal equipment, or to enter information in this equipment", but for reasons of convenience of language we use that of "cookies" understood by the greatest number of Internet users.
On a technical and functional level, we distinguish 4 types of cookies:
- Technical or operating cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the website or services, they are cookies that respond to an action on your part on the website, necessary for the use of this or that service or to access this or that content. These cookies may, for example, collect technical statistics to monitor the proper functioning of the service, identify and/or remedy technical problems and ensure the security of the site.
- Identification and personalization cookies, cookies that allow us to know you better and to identify you when you return to our site. These cookies improve the quality and speed of the user experience by optimizing the ergonomics of the digital environment or the various functionalities offered (pre-filling of fields at each visit, default language, reminder of user preferences, adaptation of services to each user).
- Analysis, statistics and performance cookies, cookies that allow us to make various measurements: number of visitors, pages visited, number of shares on social networks, number of daily connections, connected profiles, most frequented time slots, etc...
- Advertising or targeting cookies, cookies that record data that make it possible to control the display of advertisements for a given Internet user (we do not currently use any advertising devices of this type).
There are many untruths about cookies. Cookies are not "cookies" that allow us to collect mass or critical information or information relating to your personal life or to access company secrets.
3. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
The cookies installed during your visit to the website are the following:
4. WHO HAS ACCESS TO THIS DATA?
Access to the data collected by the company through cookies is limited:
- Communication/Marketing Department
- Information Systems Directorate and the CISO
- General Management
- Other business directions as required
- Technical service providers (e.g. publisher or creator of the website)
5. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
In summary you have two rights:
- to consent to the use, depending on the cookies used
- the right to disable all or part of the cookies.
These rights are set out in Article 32 II of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978.
6. THE CONSENT
User consent is not required for so-called "essential" cookies, when they are necessary for the proper functioning of the digital environment (these are the cookies for technical use). We give you the possibility to disable these cookies, however we point out that your experience and comfort when using the site may be impaired.
Conversely, your consent is required for cookies:
- linked to audience measurement operations
- generated by share buttons redirecting to different social networks.
Consent is therefore required for any cookie to study the user's behavior.
This consent is formalized by :
- an information banner
- an accept button on said banner
- the ability to click on a link that allows you to view the full text of this policy.
- The ability to click on a link that allows you to change your cookie preferences.
7. HOW TO DISABLE / SET COOKIES?
You can change your cookie preferences by clicking on the "Cookie Preferences" link at the bottom of the page.
Similarly, you can set your web browser to accept or reject cookies. Most web browsers are set by default to accept cookies, which are the essence of how the internet works. But they also allow you to choose or refuse all cookies or even to select precisely those that the user wants to keep.
We inform you that setting your browser to refuse or restrict a cookie can have two important consequences:
- limiting or restricting access to a service, a page or content
- poorer customer experience (having to retype the same information several times, for example).
PRECISION: It is impossible for us to be more precise on the consequences of the deactivation of cookies because everything depends on the type of cookies deactivated and the type of deactivation operated by the Internet user.
8. HOW LONG WILL THE DATA BE KEPT?
St Barth Karma complies with the requirements set by the CNIL in terms of conservation and duration.